psudad

St Ermin's in London - Another Autograph Collection GEM

Discussion created by psudad on May 14, 2018
Latest reply on May 21, 2018 by psudad

We just completed a stay at the St Ermin's in Westminster, London and I cannot say enough about how much we loved the place.  The hotel is an oasis within the hustle and bustle of London.  As you approach the drive in a cab or turn the corner after your arrival at St James Park Station, you are greeted to a quiet courtyard and a beautiful, large front porch.  The very helpful and courteous staff is there to assist and direct you.  The front desk managers are all very pleasant and efficient.  All are focused on making sure you have what you need and that you are comfortable.  Since we were staying there for nearly two weeks, I reached out ahead to kindly request an upgrade to have a bit more space to move around.  Soyful quickly responded with a Larger, Executive King.  We had a very nice sitting area and work space.  Soufian was kind enough to have a chilled bottle of Prosecco and some truffles waiting for us in the room at the end of our first day.  A chocolate on the pillow every night.  Nespresso pods and tea refreshed in our rooms every morning, and a newspaper hanging on the door.  We had two minor issues (TV and toilet) and they showed up at your door in about the time it took me to hang up the phone and let them in.  A nice breakfast buffet every morning in the Caxton Grill.  The porch out front is an awesome spot to sit with a drink and reflect on your day.  Mon-Thurs management also offers complimentary wine in the lobby for about an hour before dinner.  Unfortunately, we were running so much each day, we only made one of them.  It is a great location, right around the corner from the St James Park Underground station - Jump on the Circle or District Line and get most places, either directly or with a single connection.  Restaurants, coffee shops and many a good pub all short walks.  We bought Oyster Cards, put a 7 day travel card on them and then just added additional funding near the end of our stay, to cover the extra days.  I would not hesitate to stay here on any subsequent trips to London.  FYI, I am Lifetime Gold which covered breakfast every day for us and, I assume, helped with the room upgrade.

Outcomes