martinr

Marriott Rewards VISA Refer-A-Friend

Discussion created by martinr on May 11, 2018
Latest reply on May 21, 2018 by martinr

This morning I received an email from Marriott promoting the "Invite Friends Now" aka Refer-A-Friend program for the new MR Premier Plus Card.   There is a 20K point bonus per friend who gets the new MR Premier Plus Card (up to 100K points per year).

Every time I clicked through the email and tried to start some referrals today, the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card – Refer-A-Friend  website told me that my card was not eligible for this program.  I also tried directly through my account on chase.com with the same results.  So I finally called Chase this evening to see what was going on.

Apparently the Chase Refer-A-Friend website was taken offline sometime in the last day or two.  The representative first said it was being updated and they didn't know when it would be back online.  Then she said the program was being ended and the website wouldn't be back!

Her second statement is hard to believe and I don't want to start any rumors.  But I did want to alert folks that the Refer-A-Friend website is not working right now, so if you're having trouble trying to refer friends for this promotion, try it again in a few days.

Outcomes