AnsweredAssumed Answered

Any advice on making 500K points by Dec 31?

Question asked by doctock on May 10, 2018
Latest reply on May 10, 2018 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

I have learned that I am just shy of 500K points short of the magic 1.6M needed for Lifetime Gold in the CURRENT rewards system.

I also just got off the phone with Marriott Rewards and confirmed that if one makes Lifetime Gold in the CURRENT system by Dec 31, 2018 this will convert into Lifetime Platinum in the NEW system.

As lounge access is the most important aspect for me, Platinum is the level that I wish to maintain. That said, I will be able to do the every 12 month Platinum challenge or (most likely) have 50 nights per year, thus keep/get Platinum on a yearly basis until I make the magic 10 years of Platinum status to get Lifetime Platinum on the NEW system. (As an aside, I am kicking myself for not upgrading Gold to Platinum in the years when I could have but did not know about it!)

SO...

Any suggestions on the point chase or am I attempting an impossible and should just work on getting the Platinum status yearly (and accepting the Lifetime Gold that I will get under the new plan) until I earn Lifetime Platinum?

Outcomes