teddysue

Marriott LaGuardia Airport

Discussion created by teddysue on Apr 24, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 by uatraveler1k

I'm a Lifetime Platinum Member and booked this hotel online.  I have stayed here before, and it's convenient and across the highway from LaGuardia.  Warning:  the hotel does NOT provide full disclosure as to the property status on their website.  The online info reads"  The hotel is currently undergoing a transformation that includes all guest rooms, public spaces and the restaurant.  Some work activity may be noticed through September 2018."  My feedback:  don't stay here!  There is No Restaurant and No room service of any kind.  There are NO public spaces.  In my opinion, this hotel does not provide a truthful statement regarding the construction status.  There are no restaurants in walking distance.  Had I known any of this I would NOT have booked the hotel.  I complained at the temporary front desk when I was told this by a staff person; she 'chastised' me and stated "this information is on our hotel web page but people skip over it."  I had read it in full prior to booking, but upon checking in, I find the info to be less than factual.  I recommend all Marriott 'lovers' pick a different hotel.  This is beyond ridiculous.  They should have closed the property during their remodeling 'transformation' or fully disclosed the property status on their website.  They could then update it as the 'transformation' progressed!  Pam McKeown

Outcomes