bethbeth519

New program: Can someone help me clarify?

Discussion created by bethbeth519 on Apr 18, 2018
Latest reply on May 6, 2018 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

*I apologize if this question has already been addressed.

Greetings all.

At present, I am about 9,000 points shy of Lifetime Silver but I am on target to achieve Lifetime Gold by 12/31/18. Per information below, if you're Lifetime Gold on 8/1/18, you'll be converted to Lifetime Platinum. There is no clear information that if you achieve Lifetime Gold between 8/1/18 and 12/31/18 that you'll be converted to Lifetime Platinum. It does state "Members will have until year-end 2018 to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG." Can anyone clarify if this also means that Lifetime Gold (as of 12/31/18) = Lifetime Platinum under the new program?

Thanks in advance!

What is happening to Lifetime status?

In August, we’ll have three Lifetime Elite tiers, each with its own nights and Elite tenure thresholds. Once you achieve a Lifetime Elite tier, you’ll never go below it, and your points will never expire.  If you have previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in Rewards or SPG, we will honor that Lifetime Elite status in the new program (see below). In addition, when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program.  Members will have until year-end 2018 to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG.

Existing Lifetime Elite members will receive the following status in August:

SPG:

• Lifetime Gold members receive Lifetime Gold Elite status
  • Lifetime Platinum members receive Lifetime Platinum Elite status.

MARRIOTT REWARDS/THE RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS:

• Lifetime Silver Elite members receive Lifetime Silver Elite status.
  • Lifetime Gold Elite members receive Lifetime Platinum Elite status.
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite members are grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status.

Outcomes