campfam3@yahoo.com

Residence Inn Dallas Downtown-Earplugs needed/Terrible Valet

Discussion created by campfam3@yahoo.com on Apr 18, 2018

Was very disappointed in this hotel after our recent weekend stay.  We used points/certificate to have a quick getaway for my husband's birthday...wish I hadn't wasted it!  The hotel, room and staff was very kind upon arrival.  However, when we went to our room the door was propped open as if someone was already in the room.  We quickly realized, once in our room, that there was a concert down the street. While I understand the hotel cannot help that, the walls were vibrating from the noise and the glasses in the cupboard were shaking.  When we contacted the front desk to see if we could switch rooms I was told to "walk down the hallway to see where it was the quietest". I asked if we could just move to the other side of the building and was told that "they only had rooms on one side of the building"...although there were rooms across the hallway so....!  I do realize this was downtown in Dallas, so we didn't expect it to be super quiet.  However, we have stayed at two different Marriott's in Times Square in NYC, on Broadway, and never heard as much noise as we experienced from the outside, 12 floors up, as we did with this hotel all night. Upon our checkout, we used the valet link to retrieve our vehicle and was told to give them about 10 - 15 minutes.  We checked out of the hotel and went downstairs to wait in the lobby, after 45 minutes I went outside to ask about it and they were all surprised that we were still waiting.  I asked them to call to find out the status and was told they could not locate my car. They said maybe my key fob may not be working, someone wrote it down wrong and then asked what the make/model of the car was.  After about another 20 minutes, I asked if they could take me to the garage and I will locate it.  Then all of a sudden the vehicle appeared! This trip was certainly not what I had planned but I should of requested to move to a different hotel...will not stay at this location again unfortunately!

Outcomes