bejacob

What's Planned for Double TIPPLE?

Discussion created by bejacob on Apr 12, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2018 by erc

Despite all my previous assurances, I'm still getting questions about what sorts of fun events will be happening over the last weekend in April when several dozen Insiders will gather at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel.

So in the interest of clarity, here is as detailed a description of what is planned for our weekend in the DC area.

Friday

NOTHING

Saturday

NOTHING

Except for the evening reception at the Renaissance from 7-9pm

Sunday

NOTHING

Oh, and in case anyone is arriving before Friday or departing after Sunday, here's what's planned for any other days Insiders might be in town.

NOTHING

As for what individuals might have planned, I don't know for sure. I suspect some will want to visit the Smithsonian or the other museums in town. I understand there could be some sort of pub crawl or bar hop. I believe a few folks are planning to take in a Washington Nationals game. I expect Insiders will venture into the neighborhood in groups of 2, 3, 4, or more to sample some of the local restaurants.

This forum is filled with experienced travelers. Trying to tell them how to spend a weekend in Washington would by folly. Everyone has different interests. That's what makes this group fun.

So, I encourage everyone to have a good time. This is not a workshop. This is not a conference. This is not an opportunity to express your concerns to Marriott management about the future of the loyalty program. This is a bunch of Marriott Rewards Insiders getting together in one place for a weekend to interact in person instead of just online. This is The Insiders Points, Pints, & Liquor Extravaganza. This is TIPPLE.

Outcomes