phltoworld

Hotel Review: Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador

Discussion created by phltoworld on Apr 5, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2018 by lifetimeplatinumelite1974

My wife and I went to Paris to celebrate her birthday in March of 2018. We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Top line: yes, I would recommend this hotel. Yes, I would stay there again.

Staff: Very nice. Everyone is very interested in providing a warm greeting and making you feel valuable. Desk agents and Concierge were friendly and helpful. I'd emailed the concierge a couple of weeks prior asking for recommendations for restaurants and night life, they were prompt, and helpful. Of course, we didn't go anywhere they recommended, but not their fault. I'd  mentioned it was my wife's birthday, and as I hoped, they reached out to confirm and said they'd "prepare a cake" for her. Well, we returned to the room that evening and sure enough they remembered, left a note, and a plate of desserts. Nice thought but quite underwhelming: a couple of cookies and mini brownies. Not the level I was expecting.

Room: I redeemed points and paid a 40 Euro per night upgrade fee to make sure we had a comfortable room. Above that I received a complimentary upgrade (Platinum rewards member) on top of that. I'm not sure of the class of room but it was 701. Corner room with large vestibule, separate seating area, king bed, and Eiffel Tower view. It was very nice although needs a but of sprucing (see pictures). Only complaint I could register was the closet space was quite small, and the outlets not well-placed. Otherwise, we were both quite pleased. Room also came with some complimentary snacks, water, and beer. That was a treat however not replenished during the stay.

Location: I choose this hotel primarily to avoid the main tourist areas which I thought would be crowded and full of tourist trap shopping and eating. Some commenters have remarked that the location was out of the way, however, we found it perfect. Many nice cafes in the area and transportation options are very close. Major department stores nearby, very safe, and for us, this was absolutely the right decision. We took the subway everywhere, and this location is quite convenient.

Amenities: The hotel has nice options for the welcome gift. We opted for ice cream and a half glass of white wine. They have us little Haagen Dazs cups - flavors that I don't think are available here in the US. Absolutely delicious. The wine - not good. I've read complaints about the Executive Lounge, but really, it was not a bad lounge. Yes, a little on the small side, but not overcrowded during our stay so we didn't have any problems. We went in the evenings and were really satisfied with the food options. The first night there was a really good beef stew, chicken another night. Quiche, desserts, and other options too. I was pleased with the quality. Beverage selection - juice, coffee, wine, liquors. The liquors are not brands I'm familiar with, but no complaint from me in that department. For breakfast, we always ate in the restaurant. The buffet has many options - cold meats, eggs, hot meats, fruits, yogurts, breads. We really enjoyed it.

Outcomes