robtom

Point Expiration!

Discussion created by robtom on Mar 30, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2018 by greensim

I just checked my Marriott Rewards account balance and received a notification that my 449,375 rewards points had expired!  My company was sold and the new owner does not recognize the Marriott brand as a preferred hotel chain, so yes, I have not stayed at a Marriott property within the past 24 months.  Had I received notice about the points expiring, I would have booked personal travel nights to keep my account active.  The way the situation was handled was not customer-service oriented.  Based on this experience of having my points wiped away after many years of program loyalty, why would I ever want to stay at another Marriott property again?  I just wished management had handled this unfortunate situation in a better way.  It just tells me that I am just an account number with them and nothing more.  What a shame!  Marriott is going in the same direction as the Sheraton and Radisson brands which are almost non-existent in my travels anymore.  Marriott, you have lost a once-loyal customer for your petty actions.

Outcomes