painedplatinum

FYI....The Franklin Hotel ====> Renaissance Philadelphia

Discussion created by painedplatinum on Mar 23, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2018 by painedplatinum

A couple of years ago I was stuck downtown in Philadelphia and was looking for a room. The Franklin Hotel popped up and I was stunned...never heard of it. Never appeared before on the Marriott site. Something was odd. It was listed as a Renaissance, but nothing on line looked Renaissance familiar. I actually thought it was an Autograph Collection branded improperly. I took the plunge and stayed the night. I loved it, but still didn't see a Renaissance.

Well that was then, and this is now. The hotel is now officially being called The Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel.  I need to get back down there!! It was a great property, let's see how the transition turned out.

Here's a blurb from the web site:

""The "Old City" meets edgy glam at the Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. Our hotel was conceived in homage to historical details of old Philadelphia fused with a modern energy. Walk to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Franklin Square and the Philadelphia Convention Center. Revel in a rejuvenating retreat in our stylish rooms.""

Outcomes