wiscfriend

Review: AC Hotel Madison WI

Discussion created by wiscfriend on Feb 28, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 by arizonatag

Stayed two nights at the AC Hotel Madison, WI (Category 5) this week (used my MegaBonus certificate for one night). Valet parking was $20 per night.

GOODS:

1) Was given a nice room on the 8th floor overlooking Lake Mendota (other side faces State Capitol, and back rooms just face away from the city).

AC-Room1.jpg

AC-Room2.jpg

2) Not a suite, but a very nice room (high floor, great view).

3) Nice shower with both hand-held and ceiling rain shower options as well as good bath amenities.

4) Great staff -- housekeeping very helpful and accommodating when asked for extra bath amenities or coffee pods.

5) Really good breakfast in 10th floor restaurant (but also see BADS below). Ate at a table facing Wisconsin's gorgeous Capitol building both days.

AC-Breakfast.jpg

6) Given 4pm late check-out without so much as the blink of an eye! (Good going front desk!).

7) Refrigerator and safe in room.

8) Recycling bin in room.

9) Points AND $10 restaurant credit.

10) Good lighting in the room.

BADS: (some of these are just personal preference)

1) No local newspaper (if Residence Inn can provide one, why can't AC?)

2) $10 restaurant voucher doesn't cover cost of breakfast which is $15.

3) No carpeting in rooms (would really like the area around the bed to have a carpet. The floor is COLD in the morning).

4) No "Go Green" points for skipping housekeeping. The excuse given was, "We're a new hotel and still getting up to speed on things." (C'mon AC, get with the program!)

5) Confusion at check-out when trying to find my folio from the PAID night (night one) versus the folio from the certificate night (night two).

6) so many light switches that I never knew which switch worked which lights (and the "Master" switch really didn't turn off all [or even most] of the lights, so I couldn't really see a function for the "Master" switch).

Overall, a really nice stay, but a few tweaks would make it even better!

Outcomes