Stayed two nights at the AC Hotel Madison, WI (Category 5) this week (used my MegaBonus certificate for one night). Valet parking was $20 per night.
1) Was given a nice room on the 8th floor overlooking Lake Mendota (other side faces State Capitol, and back rooms just face away from the city).
2) Not a suite, but a very nice room (high floor, great view).
3) Nice shower with both hand-held and ceiling rain shower options as well as good bath amenities.
4) Great staff -- housekeeping very helpful and accommodating when asked for extra bath amenities or coffee pods.
5) Really good breakfast in 10th floor restaurant (but also see BADS below). Ate at a table facing Wisconsin's gorgeous Capitol building both days.
6) Given 4pm late check-out without so much as the blink of an eye! (Good going front desk!).
7) Refrigerator and safe in room.
8) Recycling bin in room.
9) Points AND $10 restaurant credit.
10) Good lighting in the room.
BADS: (some of these are just personal preference)
1) No local newspaper (if Residence Inn can provide one, why can't AC?)
2) $10 restaurant voucher doesn't cover cost of breakfast which is $15.
3) No carpeting in rooms (would really like the area around the bed to have a carpet. The floor is COLD in the morning).
4) No "Go Green" points for skipping housekeeping. The excuse given was, "We're a new hotel and still getting up to speed on things." (C'mon AC, get with the program!)
5) Confusion at check-out when trying to find my folio from the PAID night (night one) versus the folio from the certificate night (night two).
6) so many light switches that I never knew which switch worked which lights (and the "Master" switch really didn't turn off all [or even most] of the lights, so I couldn't really see a function for the "Master" switch).
Overall, a really nice stay, but a few tweaks would make it even better!