the.timothy.nass@gmail.com

Jipped of the Platinum Challenge

Discussion created by the.timothy.nass@gmail.com on Feb 26, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 by leef

Anyone else attempt to the Platinum Challenge and be told you could not even though every Marriott Rep has something different to say? Details around my extreme frustration: I had started the Gold challenge on February 20th, 2017, and completed it in April. Perfect. Now 2018 rolls around and I know I will have about 2.5 solid months of travel. I call Marriott Rewards in January and ask about completing the Platinum challenge and they tell me I am eligible as of February 21, 2018, a year and day after I had started the previous Gold challenge. Awesome, I'm extremely excited as I will get to Platinum. So, I call present day and ask to enroll in the platinum challenge, no problem, they attempt to enroll me and nothing. Odd, well you should be able to, but it won't let me. So then I get the notification that I had done the Gold Challenge, so I have to wait a year and a day after that 'window' closed. Slightly frustrated as I had no way of recording my prior conversation, which clearly stated it was ok. Plus, there is nothing written, so no guidelines to the promotion can be found. They can make up whatever guidelines they choose. I had called 2 other reps in the same day and all had the same understanding that I should be eligible, but then when they call a manager, it was always a 'NO'. Since I had just started traveling, I am highly considering switching over to the various SPG hotels around instead of supporting Marriott. I'll still be gold there, and maybe complete their platinum challenge. I travel a total of about 4.5 months out of the year, you think they would see this and try to do something, but nope.

Outcomes