AnsweredAssumed Answered

Points Expired Three Days before Qualifying Activity

Question asked by subiewrx on Feb 25, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2018 by communitymanagers

I recently found out that I had some Marriott points expire last month (1/10/18).  I've been receiving emails about the upcoming expiration.  I didn't have any travel plans coming up so I figured I'd try to get some activity by signing up for the credit card and getting the sign-on bonus points and also participating in the various Twitter bonus point offers and social media offers.  Unfortunately, I just found out that the Twitter and social media bonuses that I participated in did not count towards the "qualifying points" for activity.  The points from my credit card sign-on bonus did not hit my account until 1/13, which was 3 days after my points expired.

I've tried calling the Marriott Rewards team multiple times the past couple of days only to be met with 45+ minute wait times.  Is there anything that I can do or ask about to re-instate my points.  I realize that I really have no one to blame but myself for letting the points expire.  I figured I would try to give it a shot and ask since the expired point amount is relatively small.  Maybe they'd offer a one-time goodwill gesture, especially with the recent activity on my account.

Outcomes