mustanggt

Hotel Review- Marriott Burlington, MA

Discussion created by mustanggt on Feb 24, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2018 by communitymanagers

This particular Marriott hotel is now 33 years old, but once inside you would never know it.  The entire, lobby bar/lounge and restaurant were completely renovated two years ago.  They have also finished a complete renovation of all the guest rooms as of August, 2017.

As I have done with virtually all my recent stays, I used mobile checkin.  I checked in the day before arrival and by 9 am on the day of arrival I already had my room number and mobile key on my cell phone.  When I arrived at the hotel I was able to bypass the front desk and go straight to my room.  This is the first time I've been able to bypass the front desk at any property when I've used mobile checkin with a mobile key.  Usually I have had to stop and checkin, show an ID and perhaps also a credit card, and then I would receive my mobile key.  If this is where all properties are headed, I like it!  Obviously you can always visit the front desk to say hello or get some additional hotel information.  I did receive an upgrade to the concierge floor (7th floor) in this 9 story hotel.

The lobby bar/lounge is a good size and comes to life on Friday and Saturday nights when they feature a DJ on each of those evenings.  The restaurant in the hotel has a very expansive an nice breakfast buffet (you can also order from the menu) complete with an omelet station.  They do have free newspapers at the entrance to the restaurant for all of us dinosaurs.  The guest room was comfortable and nicely furnished.  The bath was modern and featured a walk in shower with sliding glass door.  For anyone interested in reusing towels, there were plenty of towel racks and hooks.  The guest room also had a Keurig coffee maker for an early morning shot of caffeine.

This hotel is conveniently located right off the highway (Route 95) in Burlington, MA.  As an aside, sometimes you can tell the quality of a property by the longevity of its employees.  One of the front desk associates I spoke with during my stay, Jessica, Guest Service Agent, told me she has worked at this property for more than 20 years.  Clearly both she and the ownership group of this property are doing a lot of things right!  I enjoyed my stay and look forward to a return visit.

Outcomes