brianandlin

Customer service, what customer service?

Discussion created by brianandlin on Feb 16, 2018
Latest reply on May 1, 2018 by brianandlin

I received an e-mail today from someone called Veronica Quirce in so called executive guest services at Starwood Hotels.  It informed me that the Convento do Espiheiro Hotel in Evora was with effect from 15/2/18 ( yesterday) was no longer a part of the SPG Luxury collection and would no longer participate in the SPG program. I have had 2 rooms booked at this hotel since November 2017 as part of a trip to Portugal for my wife's birthday. It went on to tell me that the hotel had promised to honour the quoted rates but that I would not be given any Platinum Privilages, Starpoints or stay credits for the stay. She went on to say that she knew this would be disappointing but that she hope that they could count on my understanding.  I am sorry but my the disappointment blew away my understanding. no hotel can just leave a programme instantly. why was i not informed before now? I telephoned Platinum customer services to speak to some one about this and was told that there is a special department to deal with hotels that leave the program, so I asked to be put through to them only to be told that they would not take my call and that

I had to e-mail them and they would get back to me. i did so four hours ago and as yet absolute silence. I have flights booked to Lisbon, a hire car booked which I would not need without my Convento booking. Am I expected to be understanding about losing my status at this hotel without any consultation?

Outcomes