henry.freedenberg

I need help

Discussion created by henry.freedenberg on Feb 14, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 by brianandlin

I am currently working on Platinum challenge.  When I agreed to the challenge, the CSR told me that if I qualified after Feb 1 of 2018, I would have status through the end of my qualifying year (2018) and the following year (2019).  My status would expire on January 31, 2020. This information also appears elsewhere on these boards.

During January, I read that SPG status rolls over on February 28 (not January 31 which is the date for Marriott ).  SPG members would have to qualify after March 1 for status through the end of 2018 and for all of 2019.  I called the 800 number and the CSR did not have a clue as to how this affected Marriott roll-overs.

Now I am nearing my nine qualification stays and, yesterday, I once again called the 800 number yesterday for guidance as to qualifying dates and what would be needed for qualification for the remainder of this year and on into next year.  Once again, the CSR was clueless.  At one point was given to understand that either I would only be granted status through the end of my qualifying year or that no one (supervisor included) really knew what was going on. 

This is not what signed up for.

Can someone in the Marriott hierarchy please confirm that achieving my qualifying stays during February 2018 will provide status through January 2020?  As an alternative, can someone in the Marriott hierarchy please confirm that completing my qualifying stays after March 1 2018 will provide status through the end of January 2020.

Again, I have  repeatedly tried calling the the Rewards help line and could not get a definitive answer.

The agreement when I signed on for the challenge was that I would complete qualifying stays during a given 90 day period and, if the completion date was after February 1, I would receive Platinum status for the remainder of this year and through 2019.

Thank you

Outcomes