AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hotel + Air Packages

Question asked by lissakay on Feb 8, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2018 by ks83

I am looking at using the Hotel + Air reward packages. Can someone fill in some detail on this?

Our plans are for March 2019. We are going to Hawaii, spending a week each on Big Island, Maui, and Kauai. Maui will be covered with our timeshare week at the Westin Ka'anapali. We are looking to book a week at the Courtyard King Kamehameha on the Big Island, and a week at the Kauai Marriott. We'd love to be able to fly First Class, and I figure that will take a minimum of 160K miles, if I can get American Business/First SAAver, or 360K if not.

Can I book two of the Hotel + Flight packages, to get 240K miles plus the two weeks? Can I tack on extra nights to these stays, with cash or points? That might be necessary to be able to book flights on cheaper days.

How far in advance can I get these packages, since getting the mileage reward at the lower SAAver rate would require booking the air as soon as fares are released?  Do I have to book the hotel stay right away? I have to wait and see what dates I can book our timeshare for, so exact dates are still up in the air. Can bookings be changed later?

We're shy about 225K MR (or 75K SPG) points of what's needed for the two packages, plus converting 40K SPs for additional miles. (We already have two SPG Amex, so that wouldn't help, unless we could get another for our business? Plus the referral. Hmmm...) Marriott allows hotel rewards booking and earning or buying points later. Will they allow that for these packages as well? I guess I could redeem one, for 120K miles, and try for the SAAver booking, (I have 80K AA miles already) and if not, get the second one later?

TIA,

~Noobie with a million questions.

Outcomes