sandilou

Travel Protection benefits? Canadian credit card holders

Discussion created by sandilou on Feb 7, 2018

Hi – I booked a flight with my Marriott Rewards credit card, but had to cancel due to illness. The airline has a $200 change fee (which I would file a claim for) and the remainder of the airfare is credited to me for a future flight. I have seen online that Travel Protection is extended as part of the Chase Marriott credit card program: "If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours and hotels." However, I've called Chase Canada and they can't find anything about this. They gave me the Marriott Rewards number to call, but they said travel protection is offered by the credit card company.

As Chase is no longer offering the Marriott card in Canada, I'm wondering if the benefits have been pulled offline or perhaps, this option was never extended above the US border. Also, there is usually a time limit with which I can make an application on these types of things, so clock is ticking for me. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Outcomes