AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ritz-Carlton vs. Marriott Resort GM

Question asked by napawino on Feb 5, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2018 by bejacob

I was issued a Category 5 Reward, and have been in communication with the GM at the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Resort. She said the award can only be used at a Ritz-Carlton property, I noticed that Ritz-Carlton rates their resorts in Tiers, and Marriott rates their hotels in Categories. So, I called the Ritz-Carlton Rewards desk and they did confirm my certificate can be used at any Marriott hotel up to a Category 5. I replied to the Santa Ynez GM and she says she has called twice and they tell her the certificate is valid only at Ritz-Carlton properties, and each time I call the Ritz-Carlton they say that's incorrect information and that it's valid only at a Marriott property, but not a Ritz-Carlton property. I'm siding with the Ritz-Carlton because their website advertise as "Tiers", and Marriott properties advertise as "Categories". Now, the Santa Ynez property is a Category 7, I tried to use the certificate and pay to upgrade to the room I want. Cynthia at the Ritz-Carlton Rewards desk said, it isn't possible and ended saying "LOOK, YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING INTO WITH THE REWARD", that was rather shocking and very RUDE to hear. The Ritz-Carlton. I'll soon be a Platinum Elite Member and would assume that the Ritz-Carlton can do something, anything to satisfy us as long loyal members. I'm forced to call Ritz-Carlton back and ask it they contacted the GM at the Santa Ynez property to correct her. This isn't the treatment I expect from the Ritz-Carlton.

Outcomes