camoduck

Marriott Changed Rollover Night Policy for Platinum as well as night credits for Marriott Rewards Visa

Discussion created by camoduck on Feb 1, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 by yogib

I am very dismayed by the lack of transparency with regard to Rollover Nights and Marriott Rewards Visa Night Credits.  I just spoke to a rather smug person at the Platinum Rewards Desk who said the Program has not changed yet I have not received a single rollover credit or an credits for $33k in spend on My Marriott Rewards Visa.   In 2017, I received credits for both.  Something most certainly has changed.  Marriott does not send out a yearly statement like SPG so it is very hard to go back and review previous years. 

This is the stated Rewards Visa Program:

FASTEST WAY TO EARN MARRIOTT REWARDS ELITE STATUS

15 CREDITS toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary, giving you guaranteed Silver Elite status every year.*

Earn 1 ELITE CREDIT for every $3,000 spent on purchases – with no limit to the number of credits you can earn.*

I recall someone posting that Marriott was going to change this policy several month ago but do not remember where.  In addition to having 91 night credits with Marriott in 2017, I also had 47 SPG nights.  The SPG program does not appear to have changed.   I am revisiting where my hotel budget will go for 2018 and at this point, I suspect Marriott will not make the cut.

Outcomes