erc

Marriott Partner in New Traveler ID Program

Discussion created by erc on Jan 25, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2018 by yogib

https://skift.com/2018/01/25/marriott-ceo-known-traveler-program-could-balance-visitor-demand-with-security-issues/

Highlights of article:

Editor’s Note: Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson has been an advocate for the transformational promise of travel, and has attempted to be a moderating force against some of the Trump Administration’s harsh anti-immigration and travel policies.

So how do we bridge this growing gap? How do we facilitate secure international travel and embrace openness in an age of increasing mistrust, suspicion, and fear?

I’m a firm believer in the potential of technology to alleviate even the most challenging problems

That’s why Marriott is partnering with the World Economic Forum, Accenture, and others in a public-private collaboration to innovate the future of travel. I’m excited because this year we’ve finally been able to take it from concept to action and are ready to pilot a project called Known Traveler Digital Identity (KTDI).

The goal of KTDI is simple: Using biometrics and other data, create a verifiable, unique, and secure digital identity for “known” travelers and provide them with seamless, virtually hassle-free travel experiences around the world.

As a, if not the, world leader in lodging hospitality, it of course makes sense for Marriott to be involved (it's also in their best interest to enhance travel to the US, their biggest market, which has been soft since the new administration). But the question that no doubt, many of us have; is Marriott's I.T. department involved?

here's an additional article about Marriott - don't be looking for those savings to be shown in reduced fees to us

Marriott delivers blow to agents, cutting pay on group bookings: Travel Weekly

Outcomes