bejacob

I'm Sticking with Marriott

Discussion created by bejacob on Jan 5, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 by ks83

Marriott Rewards is changing.

We've seen that with the elimination of elite buy back and rollover nights. A few years ago, redemption nights didn't count toward elite status. Now they do. Breakfast wasn't always guaranteed for Gold and Platinum elites. Believe it or not, that's only been around since 2013. Prior to that, if the CL was closed on weekends, you were out of luck.

Hotels change categories, benefits get added, benefits get taken away. That's normal.

I stay at Marriott for many reasons

• I can almost always find a property where I'm traveling. It might be CY, FFI, or TPS, but locations are abundant
  • I earn Marriott Rewards points which I love using in "bucket list" destinations like Hawaii
  • I earn extra points through the credit card, MegaBonuses, and Twiiter, among others
  • I know what to expect when I walk in the door. Much like McDonalds or Starbucks, you know what you're getting. It will be different from a JW to a CY, but in general, things are consistent within a specific brand
  • I'm treated well when I stay. Sometimes the service is outstanding. Other times it's just adequate. Overall I do feel that my loyalty is valued
  • I get value for my money. Marriott may not be the least expensive chain, but I get a lot for my travel dollars
  • I've gotten FC upgrades on United through the RewardsPlus partnership
  • I'm more than halfway to LTP, so it doesn't make sense to give up now
  • I've made some amazing friends in this online community across the country and around the world

That's just a few. Every year, some folks decide to give up on Marriott. Many of us stick around for some of the reasons above or others I didn't mention. I don't know if Marriott Rewards is the best hotel loyalty program. I haven't looked at all the others to compare. It works for me, and for that reason, I'm sticking with Marriott.

Outcomes