iamopie

A hard to believe online chat interaction

Discussion created by iamopie on Dec 7, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 by erc

Here is the transcript:

Marisa V: You have been connected to Marisa V. How may I help you?

Marisa V: Good Afternoon! Thank you for being a Platinum Member, we appreciate your business and your loyalty. How may I assist you today?

Me: I'm looking to book in Vegas as cheaply as possible, January 10-14

Me: Apparently it is CES, so rough. We're going for leisure.

Me: with friends. The friends are staying at the Mirage.

Marisa V: Here is a link to the hotels we have in Las Vegas: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/las-vegas.hotels.nevada.united-states.travel/

Me: We've stayed at Grand Chateau before and loved it.

Me: but there doesn't seem to be availability Thursday night.

Marisa V: Here is a link to the Marriott's Grand Chateau: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lasvg-marriotts-grand-chateau/

Me: Is this a human?

Marisa V: To book this reservation, you would just need to click on select next to the rate preferred. This will take you to a summary page where the total cost will be provided along with a breakdown of the price. If everything looks good, you can click continue to provide you information to lock in your room and rate.

Marisa V: I'd be more than happy to stand by while you complete you reservation in case you have any additional questions.

Me: I know I can do the work myself. I was hoping you would for me. ;-)

Marisa V: Great, as I mentioned I'll be happy to standby.

Me: Seriously, is this a human typing?

Marisa V: Yes!

Marisa V: Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time?

Marisa V: Would you like me to stand by while you book?

Me: I can't book anything Thursday.

Me: I'm asking you to help

Me: hoping Platinum might get me in, but need to know details

Marisa V: If you click on the link I provided above, you can see all of the hotels we have available in the area. You will just follow the instructions I provided to see availability and book the reservation.

Me: you can't be a human

Marisa V: Since you don't need nothing else, I will go ahead and disconnect.

Me: seriously, I just asked you to help out. You can't do it?

Marisa V: Have a good day.

Me:

Me: seriously?

Marisa V: Did you need anything else?

Me: You haven't helped at all?

Marisa V: I'll be happy to send you the links and instructions again.

Me: all you did was point me to the web site I'M ALREADY ON!

Marisa V: Here is a link to the hotels we have in Las Vegas: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/las-vegas.hotels.nevada.united-states.travel/

Marisa V: To book this reservation, you would just need to click on select next to the rate preferred. This will take you to a summary page where the total cost will be provided along with a breakdown of the price. If everything looks good, you can click continue to provide you information to lock in your room and rate.

Marisa V: Is there any additional assistance I can offer you at this time?

Me: This has to be a joke

Me: seriously?

Marisa V: Unfortunately, I will need to disconnect our chat now, as other guests are waiting for assistance. I appreciate the opportunity to chat with you today.

Me: you've offered no assistance! Quit saying that. ;-)

Marisa V: Glad I could be of assistance!

"Her" answers were coming seconds after I hit return on my typing. The whole interaction couldn't have been more than 2 minutes total. I'm still in shock. If I hadn't typed it myself I wouldn't have believed it.

Would never expect that sort of treatment as a Platinum member...

Outcomes