bejacob

Insiders bejacob and erc in DC for a Mini-Meetup

Discussion created by bejacob on Nov 19, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2017 by iahflyr

On a recent, cold Friday evening in Washington DC, bejacob dropped in to visit with erc and Mrs. Erc.

DC meetup.jpg

As is often the case when Insiders meet, we talked about the forum, some of our favorite comments and people, and travel in general. I was in town to renew my FF status with Alaska Airlines for 2018, pushing my elite qualifying miles over 50,000 for the year. My second purpose was to check out the venue for Double TIPPLE scheduled for April 27-29 at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I'll post details and pictures from the hotel later. Getting to visit with Erc and Mrs. Erc was an added bonus.

I also got a chance to see the new District Wharf area. That's going to be a happening place, especially during the summer. Lots of great bars and restaurants, hotels, shops, and a great view looking down the Potomac River. The area has just opened, and I noticed at least a half dozen restaurants with signs indicating they will be open within the next couple months. Double TIPPLErs might be interested in checking out the area next Spring.

Outcomes