bejacob

Official Double TIPPLE Agenda (preview)

Discussion created by bejacob on Nov 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 by ne_traveling_man

Great news Insiders. I just got a sneak peak at the official agenda for the Insider Gathering scheduled for April 27-29, 2018 at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. You might know it better as Double TIPPLE.

I only saw the schedule for Saturday, so I have no idea if there are any "workshops" planned for Friday.

SATURDAY, April 28, 2018

TIMETopicPresenterDescription
8:00am - 9:00amThe Community LeaderboardnationwideImprove your monthly ranking on Marriott Rewards Insiders Community Leaderboard
9:00am – 10:00am

Chasing the Credit Card Bonus

jsucool76

Looking to sign up for a new credit card? Compare the current offers to determine the best deal for your type of travel

10:00am – 11:00am

Lost in the Marriott Pricing Matrix

erc

Discover the mysteries surrounding special rates and why sometimes the “Best Available Rate” is not really the best rate available

11:00am – 12:00pm

Pay or Redeem?

brightlybob

Get the most value out of your hard earned MR points. The rules seem simple, but it can get complicated when you add in promo certificates with 6-month expiration dates

12:00pm – 1:00pm

Break for lunch

1:00pm – 3:00pm

Plane Spotting at Gravely Point

iahflyr

Field trip. Learn how to identify aircraft on final approach to DCA

3:00pm – 4:00pm

“We don’t need no Stinkin’ Badges”

platinumboyforever

Find out why key card collecting is better (or at least more permanent) than the Marriott digital badges

4:00pm – 5:00pmOne Bourbon, one Scotch, and one beerercMake the most of the experiences in the Marriott Moments Marketplace
7:00pm – 9:00pmCocktail ReceptionEnjoy food and beverages with other Insiders courtesy of Marriott

If you've read this far, I'm sorry to say, only one item on the above list will actually occur when the Insiders mentioned on the Double TIPPLE (Insider Gathering) Guest List meet in the DC area in April 2018. I leave it up to you to figure out which one. Come to think of it, many of these topics may be discussed over the weekend, though there certainly won't be any sort of formalized agenda like the one presented here.

Double TIPPLE is not a conference. It is not a symposium (though the original Latin meaning "to drink together" is an apt description). It's just a bunch of members of this online community who will be staying under the same roof for a couple nights, hanging out, trading stories and travel tips, and generally just having fun. If you would like to join us, hop over to Double TIPPLE Hotel and Booking Info for details on how to participate.

Outcomes