ladym2011@gmail.com

The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection

Discussion created by ladym2011@gmail.com on Nov 6, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2017 by seatexan

Received an interesting call over the weekend. I will be staying here this weekend and I booked my trip back in September. At the time they only had the Marriott Rewards Advance Reservation Rate which was $99 for 2 nights. The room for this stay showed as the Signature King, Guest Room. I decided to look back on their site for any updated rates last week and came across this one that caught my eye - Marriott Rewards, 5000 Bonus Points Offer per stay. How often does deals update like this? This definitely wasn't available back in September. I'm pretty good about booking my stay early and going back periodically to see if a better offer is available. Was wondering if this applies to all hotel.

Back to the interesting call. So I received a call from someone at the hotel stating he was just calling to make sure I was all set for my trip and to make sure I didn't have any questions about my reservation. I did advise him that I needed to add an extra night because I forgot that I would actually be flying in on Thursday (I may change this today). He was happy to assist and made sure an extra night was added to my reservation for the same rate as Friday and Saturday. He assured me that he would make sure I enjoyed my stay and that I was taken care. I was very caught off guard because I've never received a call like this before. After checking my reservation this morning to see how much I would need to be prepared to pay for, I noticed that not only did he update my night like I needed, he updated my room to Concierge King, Concierge Level on the High Floor. This room comes with concierge lounge access, complimentary breakfast, midday snack, hors d'oeuvers, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages, and the honor bar. Apparently the lounge is fairly new as well.

I am just floored with their customer service and I haven't even checked in yet.

Outcomes