bejacob

Lounge Review - San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter

Discussion created by bejacob on Nov 6, 2017

Where are you, Non-Bob?.....  San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter

And what's the lounge like?  Nice. 26th floor with views of the city. It's a reasonable size and wasn't overcrowded, though it could be if the hotel filled up with lots of Golds and Platinums

Hows the evening food? Good. Would be easy to make a meal if you were so inclined. The evening I stopped by, there were bison meatballs and chicken tortilla soup, along with an assortment of cheese, crackers, salad fixing (almost a salad bar), fruit, and cookies. Of course with so many great restaurants along the Riverwalk, I'd prefer sitting outside with a margarita and some great Mexican food.

Any free alcohol? Nary a drop. There was an expansive honor bar. Beer, wine, and spirits all available for purchase, and quite the expansive selection too. More variety than I've seen in most CLs.

What are the hours? 6:30a,-10p weekdays (closed for dinner on Friday).

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Sadly they are. Tried my key card Saturday afternoon to grab a bottle of water and was locked out.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast?  Typical Marriott lounge breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes. Also the usual fruit, bread, pastries, cereal, and oatmeal. Lots of choices.

Upgrades? Yes, though since I had a double-double room, my upgrade consisted of being bumped up to one of the concierge floors.

Late Checkout? Yes, offered at check-in to 4pm and gladly accepted.

Comments... great hotel, right on the Riverwalk. Granted it's down one of the branches off the main loop. It;s a short, pleasant walk to the section where all the action is. The Alamo is just a couple minutes away. I even had a view of it from my room.

So, I'm in the exec lounge at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter it's A Notch above Average - 4/5

Outcomes