psudad

Incredible, albeit short, stay at Boscolo Budapest

Discussion created by psudad on Nov 4, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2017 by psudad

We just stayed two nights at the Boscolo Budapest, following a few nights in Prague and then seven nights on a Uniworld River Cruise down the Danube, in celebration of my mother-in-law's birthday.  A few days ahead of our arrival, I reached out to Peter Borbely, Chief Concierge at Boscolo Budapest and Member of Les Clefs d'Or, to let him know the reason for our travel, our early arrival time and a request for upgrades for our two rooms.  He was ready for our 9:30am arrival time.  In about 30 minutes, they had prepared one of the two rooms, so we could drop our bags and freshen up before hitting the town.  They upgraded both rooms to very large, elegant suites.  Our room had a large foyer with a desk, Nespresso machine, electric tea kettle and supplies.  Very roomy his and hers closets, room in the middle of the two to lay out two 25" suitcases and a safe large enough for laptop, tablet, jewelry, passports, DSLR, extra lenses, etc. (i.e. good size).  The bedroom and living area was very large with two very tall windows.  the bathroom was cavernous, with spa tub, large walk in shower with waterfall head, long vanity, with two sinks, toilet and bidet.  The second suite had a larger bedroom/sitting area and a bit smaller bathroom.  The restaurant is stunning, the lobby palatial, the staff were excellent.  It's a shame we couldn't have been there longer.  As Gold Elite members, we received the breakfast buffet, complimentary.  Our flight yesterday morning was very early, so we had to leave the hotel at 4:00am.  They had a taxi waiting for us and, since the restaurant was not open, they packed enough food for both of us to last the day.  Two sandwiches each, apples, yogurts, plums and snack bars.  We had one dinner in their New York Café and were quite pleased, and drinks in the bar both nights.  Excellent cocktails.  Other good restaurants close by, as well as public transportation.  Can't say enough about this place.  Brightly Bob's recommendation from a few years was spot on!  Here is a video of the hotel.  It accurately represents how beautiful the place is.  High marks to Peter Borbely!  Boscolo Budapest | Official Site | 5 Star Hotel in Budapest. Luxury hotel in Budapest, Hungary. New York Autograph Colle…

Outcomes