clebert

Lounge Review:  Sheraton Downtown Nashville

Discussion created by clebert on Oct 29, 2017

Where are you, Non-Bob? ... Sheraton Grand, Downtown Nashville, Tennessee, USA

And what's the lounge like? Quite nice. One of the highest floors of the hotel. Roomy, though not large. Nice view.  Hotel was remodeled in 2011 so lounge is updated and modern.

How's the evening food? Also quite nice. Salad, fruit, cheese, crackers, and a warm entree. Easy to make a meal. No one will go hungry here.  Good variety of desserts.  Fruit and granola bars available 24 hours a day, along with beverages (Coke products and bottled waters) and K-cups/Keurig machine for coffee.

Any free alcohol? Nope. US lounges don't offer free booze, though there is an evening bar with a bartender.

What are the hours? 24/7 which seems common for Sheraton properties, even in the US.  At least this has been my experience lately with Sheratons.  Can any SPG'ers confirm?

Are they being meanies and closing the lounge on weekends? No!  They serve breakfast, appetizers, cocktails and dessert 7 days a week!

How about Gold/Platinum breakfast? Typical CL fare. Eggs, bacon or sausage, oatmeal, fruit, cold cereal. Nothing fancy, though plenty of options.  A nice Southern touch was the option of biscuits and gravy.

Upgrades? I was on the CL floor and had a nice view of the Tennessee State Capitol, so I guess that's a bit of an upgrade, especially considering the place was sold out.

Late checkout? Didn't need it, but it was available.

Comments... Having 24/7 access and food service 7 days a week is a huge plus.  If given the choice between a Marriott flagship branded property and a Sheraton, I'm going to pick Sheraton if the lounge is open 24/7 - no contest!  This was a nice lounge with good service and not overcrowded.  The staff was friendly but not intrusive.  It was a solid lounge, and I really loved being able to swing by and grab a coffee, bottled water, or soda 24 hours a day.  Also, I'm a Coke fan, so I am pleased to see Coke products at the SPG properties - it will be interesting to see if Coke stays in place after the merger since Marriott seems to have some type of contract to offer Pepsi products only (except in Atlanta where the Marriotts have bootleg stashes of Coke in the back if you ask for them).

So, I'm in the concierge lounge at the Sheraton Grand Downtown Nashville, and it's really good. 4/5

Outcomes