donaldtrump

SPG biz card lounge denied

Discussion created by donaldtrump on Oct 24, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 by donaldtrump

UPDATE 10-25-A: SPG says "service code is visible at property level" and staff are trained to recognize it. But that needs clarification, since T&C doesn't say you need to present, reserve or pay with card. How do they get code? from AMEX? Why doesn't reservations see it? Called 2 different Sheratons, both failed benefit knowledge questions. Waiting for SPG to respond, they have been prompt.

UPDATE 10-25-B. A different SPG person called and said they don't see my profile linked to AMEX. Called Amex and they indeed assigned a newly generated SPG account to my card even though I made sure to add my original SPG # to the credit card application online. So now there are THREE related issues - one AMEX technical, one SPG technical, one SPG product knowledge.

UPDATE 10-26 Accounts merged, status now says "preferred guest plus" but "your benefits" link doesn't mention free lounge. Front desk staff still might refuse, since there's no proof of this new benefit.

Original post:

Anybody have SPG biz? It's a new benefit, you're supposed to get free lounge (not personal card). But NOBODY at any of the Sheraton properties I've talked to knows this. 800 number doesn't know this either. SPG says call AMEX, amex says call SPG.

System doesn't recognize biz or personal card, doesn't have profile note acknowledging free lounge.

Anybody else have this issue?

See screenshot.

Access to Sheraton® Club Lounge
Available at select Sheraton Hotels® & Resorts for the duration of a Card Member's stay. Visit sheratonclubroom.com/find for a full listing of Sheraton® Club properties. This benefit is for Basic Card Members only on Starpoint eligible rate reservations, including reservations made with Free Night Awards or Cash & Points. Exclusions of Starpoint eligible rate reservations might include rooms booked through a group rate as part of an event and the SPG member does not directly pay the SPG participating hotel for such room; tour operator; or online travel channel or third party channel, such as expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, Travelocity.com, ctrip.com, or elong.com. A full description of Starpoint eligible rates can be found at spg.com/terms. Sheraton Club Lounge access is limited to the eligible Card Member and a guest staying in the same room for the duration of the stay, regardless of how many rooms have been reserved.

Outcomes