hallchr

J W Marriott Marquis Dubai

Discussion created by hallchr on Oct 13, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2017 by hallchr

Just spent a week here on Points and it was stunning, arrived at 9am just to drop bags not expecting a room to be ready, I was whisked up to the 37th floor for check in to avoid the queue, told  "help yourself to breakfast whilst we check on the status of you room"  10 minutes later I was told, its ok, we have upgraded you to a Suite.. and all on points.

The suite was huge, had everything you could possible need, huge bath overlooking the Creek, remote lighting control, fruit, huge shower, 2 hd TV's etc etc and completely spotless, turn down service brought fresh dates to the room every evening and all the towels were refreshed, the CL was unbelievable, 2 hours of premium spirits whines and beers , snacks 24 hrs a day, huge selection of food, juices, staff who could not do enough...  I could go on and on but it is without doubt a jewel in Marriotts crown....  all for 45k per night......

Can I just say one thing, and this is no reflection on the hotel in anyway, I have seen this in Dubai, Hong kong and Cannes J W...  Why do some guests who use the lounge... and on all 3 occasions these have been US citizens do people put there bare feet on the coffee tables in the lounge? Bare feet in any Arabic country is an insult and everyone else seemed to find it abhorrent, I wonder what reaction there would be if someone from Dubai, checked into the J W in Washington took off the trainers and put their bare feet on the tables...... I am not saying its just guests from the US but the 3 occasions I have seen this disgusting behavior it has been, it prompted a canadian guest I was talking to to say " would'nt be so bad if he cut his toe nails!1"

Outcomes