benjamin.yau@gmail.com

Any possible way to reinstate my expired Marriott points?

Discussion created by benjamin.yau@gmail.com on Oct 12, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2017 by benjamin.yau@gmail.com

I had my wedding in a JW Marriott few years ago and the Marriott staff told me that the Marriott points would never expire, so I trust what Marriott staff told me and didn't pay attention to the email from Marriott. I received a lot of promotion email from Marriott in these years, and recently I was planning for a trip so I login to my Marriott reward account and found out my points had been expired. I checked my email including spam folder, and I could only find out there is one email from Marriott saying my point was going to expire. I didn't receive any other email explaining the policy had been changed and the point would be expired.

I sent email to Marriott and tried to reinstate my expired point, the reply was a rejection and claiming I should had received a lot of email telling me the policy had changed. I feel bad because I received at least 50 promotion emails from Marriott, and only 1 email from Marriott saying my points was going to expire. I receive many email everyday and the Marriott staff told me it would never expire, so I never even imagined one of those emails from Marriott is not a promotion email.

I did some google search online and seeing a lot of people saying they could reinstate their expired Marriott points after they contact Marriott, and some of them said Marriott is much more friendly than how Hilton handles similar issue. Hilton staff would just always say no.

So what can I do now? I put my trust in Marriott and held my wedding in Marriott, but my points expired while I didn't even have a good chance to know the policy could be changed and the point would be expired.

Thanks for reading my story.

Outcomes