dponthego

Hidden Gem in Huntsville

Discussion created by dponthego on Oct 10, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 12, 2017 by dponthego

Definitely made the most of my platinum status today with my stay last night at the Marriott Huntsville Space and Rocket Center.  On the outside, this property shows its age, but inside (which is really what matters) this place is a hidden gem.  I was in town for work and have brushed this place off on multiple previous trips, but decided to give it a try this time and I'm glad I did.  I was immediately blown away walking in the lobby by how nice it was, and the staff was even nicer and very welcoming upon checkin.  The concierge lounge available to Gold and Platinum members had a great selection in the evening although my meeting went too long and I missed it, and the breakfast buffet this morning was the best breakfast with the most offerings that I've encountered yet in my work travels and hotel stays.  And it was FREE due to the status thanks to Marriott Rewards.  I've stayed at other locations and taken advantage of the free food in the concierge lounges, but none compared to this.  I highly recommend this facility and there was also great scenery to look at just off the parking lot as this is located adjacent to Space Camp and the Space and Rocket Center.  It was a perfect area for my 6-mile run.

Outcomes