AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why the bad Fall Megabonus?

Question asked by travel'nperson on Sep 20, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2017 by andrea.c

I must say I'm pretty disappointed in the fall megabonus. Here is why:

1. I had to beg to get included (and I have lifetime status) initially I tried to register and it said not eligible
  2. Fall and Spring bonus promotions were always the time to load up on points - typically getting us 50,000 points for each season - those one night free at a category 5 things were for summer
  3. Remember when a category 5 was a full-service Marriott?  now its a Fairfield at the airport with a non-functioning pool.  I have a tough time even finding places to use the one I get for the credit card every year.
  4. The free night expires in 6 months - they used to be a year - so they won't even last till next summer vacations - thanks a lot
  5. They don't tell you what's next after you 'Unlock' by staying twice. What's the big mystery?  Hilton is offering double points for the rest of the year.  I want to switch now cause at least I know what I'm getting.  Last time I 'Unlocked' more rewards I got 2000 points and that's it.
  6. I hate Stay based instead of nights based promos.  If you have a long stay like 5 nights, you get the same reward as someone who stayed one night even though you spent 5-times more money.

Is this the trend from now on?   Will the spring bonus promotion be just as bad?  I can start reserving at Hilton or Holiday Inn properties now to build my status back up and cash in on better promos.

Outcomes