AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott and American Airlines?... Are they getting back together?

Question asked by lowheat on Sep 19, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 by iahflyr

I've only been an Insider for a short while compared to some and have been flying American Airlines for only a year (used to be United). When searching Insiders it seems that years ago Marriott and AA (you know which one) had a points/miles transfer thing going. Sure you can earn a couple AA miles instead of a lot of Marriott points (https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/miles.mi ). But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about like if you have status here, you have status there. Or where you can convert miles to points and vice versa...

I ask because when I watch a program on the in-flight entertainment on my 15 hour and 20 minute flight to Shanghai sitting in "Main Cabin Extra" I am forced to watch the same 30 second commercial about Marriott Hotels... every... single... time. And I watch a lot of movies on that flight because I find it really hard to sleep sitting up so that means I watch that commercial a lot.

Do y'all have any insight on why my favorite hotel chain shoves this marketing imagery down my throat when all I want to do is watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 one more time while I try to keep my cool when the guy next to me sleeps soundly with his reading light on and his knee up against mine?

nationwide, bejacob, erc, platinumboyforever, iahflyr ?

Yeah i figured out what the "@" does so i called out a few of the heavy hitting Insiders.

(**internal struggle: ...Now that I've typed all that out to summon the greats, I feel like I might be playing with power I am not ready for... hmmm... just be cool. Be cool.**)

Outcomes