bejacob

Happy TIPPLEversary

Discussion created by bejacob on Sep 18, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 by rle

This past weekend (September 16thish) marked the one year anniversary of our first big Insider gathering in Houston. Because of brightlybob's catchy name and incredible marketing, this event is known far and wide as TIPPLE (The Insiders Points, Pints, & Liquor Extravaganza).

On Saturday, 16 September 2017, exactly 52 weeks from the original TIPPLE, a few of the participants got together to celebrate and reminisce. At the tail end of my trip around Wales, I made a stop at the Worsley Park Marriott on the edge of Manchester, where I was met by brightlybob. Londoner fistuk also made the journey up to Manchester to partake in the "festivities," which mostly consisted of eating and drinking at Worsley Old Hall, a wonderful pub in an old manor house dating to the late 16th or early 17th century. The Old Hall is conveniently located right next door to the Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, which makes staggering home after several pints much easier.

Someone once told me that without photographic proof of these mini-meetups, they didn't really happen. Accordingly, I offer exhibit A.

Worsley.jpg

L to R: brightlybob, bejacob, and fistuk in the Worsley Old Hall, Saturday last.

Naturally discussions focused on recent and upcoming travel plans, frequent flyer programs, Marriott, Marriott Rewards, LNF, points, MegaBonus, and Insiders.

It's always fun when Insiders get together. I was glad to be able to join a couple guys from the UK on their home turf. Hopefully both of them will be able to make it to Double TIPPLE in Washington, DC next April.

Cheers!

Outcomes