AnsweredAssumed Answered

New SPG Promotion.

Question asked by normanp on Sep 1, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2017 by brianandlin

Just wondering how many of you have received a new SPG Promotion email, and how personalised it actually is? In my case it looked like this:

THE REWARDS KEEP ADDING UP WITH SPG.

We've created a special offer just for you. Register through November 15 for this exclusive opportunity to double up your rewards with SPG® by receiving double elite qualifying stays and nights.

On clicking on the offer I was given the following:

ELITE STATUS — ON THE DOUBLE.

We’re bringing you a special offer to help you reach SPG® elite status twice as fast. Keep enjoying elite benefits, including Free Night Awards, Award Flights, late checkouts, welcome gifts and more. Register by November 15, 2017, and you’ll earn double elite-qualifying credit on all your stays between September 15, 2017, and December 15, 2017 — with no earning limits.

2X STAYS & 2X NIGHTSCOUNT TOWARD ELITE STATUS

Get on the fast track toward renewing elite status by booking stays at any of our more than 1,300 SPG hotels and resorts.

Terms and conditions

As someone who needs as many stays as I can get to achieve lifetime, this sounded too good to be true -  and it was!  Clicking on the Terms and Conditions I discovered:

"The bonus elite qualifying nights that post to the member's account as result of the offer will not count toward SPG Lifetime™ status nights requirements. Members upgraded to elite status solely as a result of the bonus elite qualifying stays or nights posted will not have a year of elite status count toward SPG Lifetime qualification, unless the member achieves the typical required stays and nights needed for elite status. This offer is nontransferable and is not combinable with any other stay or night acceleration offers."

As I already have enough advance bookings to achieve platinum for next year I can't see any advantage to this "personalised" offer - other than perhaps it might help me get some "suite nights" because I normally qualify by stays rather than nights.

Has anyone else been offered something more useful?

Outcomes