bejacob

Lounge Review - Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel

Discussion created by bejacob on Aug 24, 2017

Where are you, Non-Bob?.....  Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel

And what's the lounge like?  Nice. Top floor with views of the State Capitol of Nebraska. It's a reasonable size and wasn't overcrowded, though it could be if the hotel filled up with lots of Golds and Platinums

Hows the evening food? Adequate, though not quite enough to make a good meal. Pot stickers, cheese, crackers, some fruit. Mainly just nibbles or snacks. Want a meal? Try the Miller Time Pub just off the lobby. Oh yeah, it's Miller Time.

Any free alcohol? Nary a drop, though as is often the case in the USA, there was a decent honor bar. Beer, wine, and spirits all available for purchase.

What are the hours? Forgot to check, but I think it was 6a,-10p weekdays, and 7am - 10pm on the weekends. Might be worth another visit to make sure.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Nope. As far as I remember, it's open 7 days a week.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast?  Typical Marriott lounge breakfast with a few extras. Scrambled eggs with or without mushrooms, spinach, and cheese; bacon and sausages; mini pancakes; and sausage gravy for your biscuits. Also the usual fruit, bread, pastries, cereal, and oatmeal. Lots of choices.

Upgrades? Yes, I reserved a standard king room and was upgraded to a corner king suite, even while using the discounted government rate.

Late Checkout? Yes, offered at check-in to 4pm, but not needed

Comments... great hotel, near downtown and the University of Nebraska. Not sure I have many reasons to be in Lincoln, Nebraska, though I know where I will stay next time the need arises.

So, I'm in the exec lounge at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel it's Pretty Darn Good - 4/5

Outcomes