bejacob

Summer 2017 MegaBonus Rant

Discussion created by bejacob on Aug 1, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 by erc

ONLY DIE-HARD, OLD-TIMER, INSIDERS NEED READ THIS RANT.

It will mean little to occasional readers of this forum (i.e. if R-o-M means nothing to you).

Those who understand the details may find it amusing, yet painfully relevant.

brightlybob might need to see if the R-o-M is still functioning. I suspect it broke about a year ago and may not be worth repairing. This is a halfhearted rant, so it likely wouldn't score too high (I didn't try for any DYKWIA points).

HOW many TIMES do we have to ANSWER the SAME question about the BRAND BONUS POINTS showing up?

(I need extra R-o-M point for the use of CAPS).

USE the $#@&*(% SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!!!!! (more extra credit, this time for excessive punctuation).

When the new Insiders site rolled out back in April, there were plenty of issues. The one thing that pretty much everyone agreed had been improved was search. And yet, here we are several months later, and hardly anyone bothers to use it.

Most of the Insiders who know me well are aware that I don't mind answering questions. I don't even mind answering the same questions from time to time. But when the same question gets asked several times a week, even this mild-mannered, bespectacled accountant gets a bit fired up.

Okay. I feel better now.

Hopefully this RANT has amused the regular gang (you know who you are).

It was only half serious. That said, it is tedious to answer the same question repeatedly when a 10-second search would reveal the answer.

Outcomes