AnsweredAssumed Answered

When do Hotels Review Elite Status on Reservations

Question asked by barry3150 on Jul 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 by platpboy4ever

I’m wondering when Hotels pull elite status for upcoming reservations.  The reason I’m asking is I have some high end stays coming in early Sep and I expect my status to increase to Gold before those stays.  Do hotels look at your status when you make the reservation, or look at it when you check in or maybe look at your status a few days prior?  I’d like to get the Gold Status benefits for these stays even though I just booked them and I’m currently just Silver.

As a background, I have 47 nights so far this year so I’m coming up on regaining Gold Status.  I have 3 nights booked in mid Aug, so I should have Gold Status about 2 weeks before my high end stays.  I’ve make reservations at the JW Marriott in Scottsdale for 1 – 3 Sep and at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas for 3 – 5 Sep.  Special thanks to seatexan and others for your Las Vegas reviews that convinced me to switch to the Cosmo.

Climbing the status ladder this year has been fun and now that I’m on the cusp of Gold, I’m hoping to reap some of the special rewards.  I will have Platinum by the end of the year, thanks to the Marriott Visa card, but getting those rarified rewards will have to wait till Dec and 2018.

Back to the question at hand, should I consider re-booking my reservations once I get Gold Status or will the hotels see “Gold” when they review my reservation prior to check-in?

Also, any comments on the JW in Scottsdale or the Cosmopolitan are appreciated.

Outcomes