ssindc

Back to Buenos Aires - With Camera

Discussion created by ssindc on Jul 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 by iahflyr

Here goes ... My first photo post since the death of the Marriott Insiders photo galleries.  (Good rule for life: I'll try anything once.  More notes on the posting process, below...)

I was back in Buenos Aires (fourth time for me) for a 2-day conference, saddened the old, classic Marriott is gone (hypothetically under renovation), but not terribly unhappy that I ended up in the (admittedly exquisite) Four Seasons.  A colleague and I booked a day-long photo tour with Day Clicker Photo Tours  and we had a great time. I'd done many of the tourist attractions previously, so we went is search of some different images.  Here's some of my favorites....

Sunrise, down near the municipal airport

ElMuelle(Sunrise 2).BA17.jpg

So many fun street scenes

Parrilla_7722.BA17.jpg

Lots of little details caught our eyes.

Faux Columns_7698.BA17.jpg

One of my favorite - I think it's titled: Still life with sink and (inexplicable) hanging plastic soda bottle?

Sink_7766.JPG

A nice stop for coffee:

Cafe_7733.JPG

So much fun architecture, but don't miss the winged cherub between the arches:

Spire_7692.BA17.jpg

We loved the painted signs

Galleria_7753.BA17.jpg

Look carefully - don't miss the four (4) window washers working the long rappel on the glass building.

Towers 7660.BA17.jpg

And, yes, something a little more mainstream

bridge_7643.JPG

Colors, colors, everywhere

chairs_7611.BA17.jpg

Even the mail slots have character

Cartas_7746.JPG

So many steeples and spires, so little time

Spire_7671.BA17.jpg

Ah - These gems - then known as Citroen Ducks - were all the rage in Germany, when I lived there in the 1970's

Citroen Duck_7792.BA17.jpg

Look up, look up...

Steeple (3)_7774.BA17.jpg

Well, that's probably plenty for you to get the idea.

Oh, and a couple of fun phone pics from the exquisite Palacio San Martin, where our conference was held.  Here's inside, looking out:

IMG_20170629_193003_543.jpg

And here's the entry foyer - yeah, I've been to conferences in worse venues:

20170629_063026.jpg

And, yes, iahflyr, we checked our luggage so we could carry on our cameras and lenses and still have a tripod and suits and dress shoes and laptops and ... and .. (and lions and tigers and bears, oh my) ... Well you get the idea!!!!

A note to Insiders, such as pluto77, fschumpert, kharada46, razorbackfan, sg1974, iahflyr, and other photo posters.  This post included lots of high-resolution images, and - at least so far - the process has been (painfully) slow, but the auto-save function appears to be functioning... (Initial feedback confirms that opening this post - in full length - is (too) slow.... Alas.) The good news is that my draft post looks good (OK, gorgeous) on my screen.  I'm curious to see how it comes out on your ends. (And I welcome suggestions as to how make photo posts more accessible in the future.)

One quick note for communitymanagers: the site upload instructions say "Maximum file size: 10.0 MB. Also, please note that images larger than 1600px wide or 900px tall will be scaled to fit those limits in your content."  But, all of images larger than 10.0 MB were rejected/bounced.  (Just to be clear - a 10.0 MB cap is fine, but the site shouldn't say it will compress/re-scale if, indeed, it doesn't/cant....)

Outcomes