iahflyr

With Tropical Storm Cindy Alive In The Gulf of Mexico

Discussion created by iahflyr on Jun 20, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 by iahflyr

As a kid who lived in Southwest Florida it was no fun each time a Tropical Storm or Hurricane was active in the Atlantic, Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico.  Thankfully we never had to evacuate nor did we have as a family damage to our home, cars, boat, or friends.  Now living near the Texas Gulf Coast and having had the eye Hurricane Ike pass directly over The Woodlands, Texas, in 2008, with 100 MPH winds still howling and we are some 90 miles inland, whenever there is something tropical in the hurricane alley's we pay attention.  Never mind we had Tropical Storm Allison dump some 20" of rain on us back in 2000 I think it was, thankfully we've not had any flood issues as others have had in the Southeast Texas and Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida coastal cities have had to endure let alone the entire east coast of the U.S. as well as other coastal countries around the world.

So with Cindy becoming a Tropical Storm today I was curious as to how many Insiders have had the bad luck to be in the path of a Tropical Storm or Hurricane whether it be in your own home or a Marriott property?  I know one particular Insider tryt53 was at thePuerto Vallarta Hotel | CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, in October or November 2015, when a hurricane was bearing down on the western coast. 

Tell us your story Insiders and if you have photos please post them and then tell erc how to post photos so he knows it can be done!!

Outcomes