c-pher

Breakfast Going Downhill?

Discussion created by c-pher on Jun 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 by j&c

I can't be the only one that has seen the breakfast offerings at "Free Breakfast" properties go down hill?  They used to be pretty good, offering different items, Biscuits and Gravy, Potatoes with peppers and onion, meat plates, etc...

Now, every property is the same thing...bland eggs or those rubbery cheese omelettes, old stale breads that are tough, stale cereal...nothing that makes their breakfast stand out anymore.

I used to drive a distance to stay at a Marriott property when there wasn't one where I was working.  I've started staying at different brands and have found that the offerings are MUCH better.  I'm Platinum Premier and have started thinking about why I'm so worried about keeping my status when all it seems to do anymore is give me bonus points.  I haven't really found any advantages other than the thanks for the business when I check into the hotel and late check out when needed.

So, am I the only one that's making a stink about the loss of quality of the breakfast.  I know a lot of the managers of the properties have said that they've been disappointed...but I was wondering about the people that actually travel and stay in the hotels..

Outcomes