nationwide

Mini Tipple in San Antonio

Discussion created by nationwide on Jun 5, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2017 by pluto77

The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa has become a go to place for my bride and me to relax for a few days not too far away from home.  We absolutely love it!  We've visited several times during the Christmas holiday break for the spa.  Their decorations, light show and activities are simply outstanding.

This past weekend was our first summer trip to this location, and I have to say it's exceeded our expectations yet again. First, we got an upgrade to a two room suite, and our pals navysafe got an upgrade to a massive 3 bedroom suite!  The hotel is full of families enjoying the water park, and lots of folks enjoying the spa and TPC golf course (home of the Valero Texas Open).

However, what has made this trip so special has been the extraordinary service we've received!  Alex, our server in the High Velocity sports bar, is simply one of the best servers I've had.  He was quick to point out the best deals at happy hour and to offer numerous other suggestions along the way.  He went out of his way to get each of us a Griffin pin to wear while on the property, and posed for a picture with us and our new bling!    He helped us time our rain delay to beat the crowds back out to the lazy river, and he boxed up our leftovers for a great midnight snack.  communitymanagers, I'd like to nominate Alex for a "Spirit to Serve" award, as he repeatedly went out of his way to make our experience special, all while capably taking care of a lot of other customers.  I am including pictures of Alex with me and navysafe, so perhaps pluto77 can add us to the Mini Tipple thread.

We're still on the trip, so lots of photos to add later, but I just couldn't resist getting a quick post up to celebrate the great service we received yesterday! 

Outcomes