jniclane

Great Lounge Experience - Renaissance Harbour View, Hong Kong

Discussion created by jniclane on May 21, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2017 by clebert

We just returned from a four night stay in Hong Kong at the Renaissance Harbour View Hotel.  I reserved two rooms because my wife and I have a four year old and two year old and like the ability to put them in a bed and have a quiet space through the adjoining door.  We were upgraded to a Harbour facing room and received access to the lounge.

The lounge was a bit crowded throughout the week but the staff was very attentive.  In fact, when we arrived on the first night, it was an hour past happy hour (free drinks).  We decided to check out the lounge anyway and the lounge manager brought us a complementary drink.  It was a nice touch after a long day of traveling.  Another extra special thing was one night during the happy hour, my kids were playing in the lounge and one of the attendants on duty noticed that she was dressed as the Disney princess Elsa.  He drew a perfect picture of Olaf for her and brought it to her.  She loved it and talked about it the whole week.  I didn't write down any names but the whole staff in the lounge was exceptional.

The only complaint is that there is a lot of construction going on down near the harbour.  If you don't plan on being awake at 8am, you might ask to be placed in a room away from the harbour and sacrifice the view.

Outcomes