mustanggt

Hotel Review- Marriott Newport, RI

Discussion created by mustanggt on May 14, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2017 by rinny54

I recently completed a stay at the Newport Marriott in Newport, RI.  This property has been completely renovated.  It is clean, bright and has an upbeat feel to it.  The hotel has a nautical theme that nicely runs throughout the property.  It is conveniently located along the waterfront in Newport putting the entire waterfront and downtown area in easy walking distance.  There is plenty of fine shopping and restaurants nearby.  Two of our favorite restaurants were The Mooring, a seafood restaurant, which we tried for lunch, and 22B, a steakhouse which we dined at for dinner.

When we first arrived we received a warm welcome and thanks for our loyalty to Marriott.  This was a points stay and we were upgraded to a water view room.  For those individuals who love their morning coffee and tea in the room, there was a Kuerig machine and a sufficient number of pods in the room.

This property has an M Club Lounge.  I have been to several hotels with these new M Clubs and I am now definitely spoiled.  They are so much nicer than the older Club Lounges.  This one was spacious, overlooked the harbor, and had a wonderful breakfast which included an omelet station.

If your travel plans include Newport, RI, I would definitely recommend this Marriott.  You will not be disappointed!

Outcomes