vaboywnder

Lounge Review:  Sheraton Charlotte Hotel

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 26, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 by vaboywnder

Where are you, Scott?  Sheraton Charlotte Hotel - 555 South McDowell Street

And what's the lounge like?  Lounge is clean but a little small.  Access is available 24/7 for water and soft drinks. There is a small desk in the back corner of the lounge with a PC and Laser Printer.  Also a small bathroom is inside the lounge.  During my stay the lounge was never over crowded.

20170421_151815.jpg

Hows the evening food?  Evening offerings were limited and included things like Trail Mix, Veggies with Dip, and Chips & Salsa. Dessert is put out at the same time as the evening food is usually cookies or brownies.

20170421_173344.jpg

Hows the breakfast offering? I found the breakfast offering very limited.  Scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, two bagel options, and two cereal options were offered.   No toast or other breakfast entrees.  Fruit offerings were apples and honeydew.

Any free alcohol? Did not see any alcohol in the lounge but was not looking for it.

Whats the hours? Access is available 24/7 for water and soft drinks.  See photo below for Breakfast & Evening food hours.

20170422_081454.jpg

Scott's Overall Rating:  On a scale of 1-5 I give this Lounge a 2.  This was my first SPG lounge and I was expecting so much more.

Hotel Notes:   Staff was courteous and outgoing.  I was upgraded to a Balcony room with a nice view on the Club Level although the balcony doors in my room were sealed shut.  Hotel is located on the edge of the Uptown district but is approximately a one mile walk to most restaurants and attractions in the Uptown district.  Bed was extremely comfortable.  There is a local Fire Department about  1/2 mile from the hotel so you do hear sirens often. Stayed at this hotel for an event.  If returning to the area I would probably pick another property that is within closer walking distance of the local attractions.

Outcomes