vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by clebert

Where are you, non-Bob? .................................Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown

And what's the lounge like?  Standard Marriott décor circa 1992 so needs updating.  But perfectly serviceable.

How's the evening food? I got in too late to experience evening snacks or dessert.

Any free alcohol? No.  Utah has weird alcohol laws.  I think you have to order from an attendant and they have to bring you alcohol.  It can't just be sitting out in Utah, or at least that's my understanding.

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening appetizers and dessert during the week

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Yes

How about Plat breakfast? Normal Marriott fare.  Powdered eggs (I call them Marriott eggs) instead of the good ones.  Nothing special but fine for my purposes.

Upgrades? Standard room but they claimed it was an upgrade, maybe because it faced the Capitol building, Temple Square, and mountains.

Additional. The lobby of this hotel is recently remodeled and very nice.  The rooms and CL are the old gold/red Marriott décor.  I ordered room service at night and it was actually really delicious, and the service was good.  The front desk was friendly and nice.  There is self-parking in the on site ramp or valet service.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown, and it's good (3/5)

Outcomes