vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Marriott Minneapolis West

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by clebert

Where are you, non-Bob? .................................Marriott Minneapolis West

And what's the lounge like? Spacious and newly remodeled.  Very nice décor and seating.  Very pleasant environment.

How's the evening food? Typical fare for a US location.  Ok but nothing special.  Nice selection of sodas, water, yogurts, fruit and snacks.  Cookies for dessert, so not the most wonderful dessert but perfectly serviceable.  No coffee later in the evening which was disappointing although the attendant did offer to make me some.

Any free alcohol? No but there was an honor bar and an attendant present.

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening appetizers and dessert during the week

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Yes

How about Plat breakfast? Beats me because the attendant didn't bother to show up and prep breakfast, so I got a $10 voucher to use at Starbuck where I got a bagel and coffee from a fairly unpleasant worker who seemed annoyed at my presence.  When I went back to my room after this "breakfast" the lounge had been opened up after the late worker finally arrived, but by then it was too late for me to stop in before leaving for a meeting.

Upgrades? Yes, very spacious suite on the CL level.

Additional. The common areas and CL of this hotel are recently remodeled and very nice.  The rooms are old gold/red Marriott décor, and I imagine they are in the process of being refreshed over time.  This hotel has issues.  It's not terrible, but I've not had a stay without some serious issues.  The employees don't seem to be the highest quality, or perhaps it is not run well.  I only stay here when it's the closest full-service Marriott property (i.e. if I have a meeting or even in or near Minnetonka or St. Louis Park).  I can't say it's awful, but I would like to see them work on some serious service issues.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at Marriott Minneapolis West and it's ok if they can manage to get the staff there to get the place opened up (2/5)

Outcomes