vaboywnder

Lounge Review: JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2017 by nmballoonist

Contributed by ppezzano

Where are you, Paul ...... JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead

And what's the lounge like?  It's on the 25th floor, looking south towards the midtown and downtown skylines.  I would describe the size as average - pretty decent sized food serving area, average number of tables + a few comfy chairs and bar style seating.  GREAT view of the skyline - if you don't get upgraded to a city view room, at least go hang in the lounge for a great view.

Hows the evening food? I was here on the weekend.  Lounge was only open for breakfast on the weekend.

Any free alcohol? Same as above

What are the hours?

Sunday 7:30am to 11am, 5pm to 10pm

Mon-Thurs 6am to 10pm

Friday 6am to 12pm

Saturday 7:30am to 11am

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? No, but no evening service Friday and Saturday nights

How about Gold/Plat breakfast?  One of the better ones I've had rate.  Good eggs (buffet eggs are normally runny and nasty), well cooked bacon.  Great selection of fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, and automated expression machine.  Fridge with waters and bottled juice as well.  Interested bread selection.  Definitely a cut above the typical buffet you'd find at a RI or FFI, which is usually the lower end Marriott experience.  This wasn't that.

Upgrades? Yes, but not to a suite.  Upgraded to a city view from a discounted AAA room rate.

Late Checkout? Didn't offer and I didn't ask, didn't need/want it.

Comments... Overall a great experience.  It's been a long time since I've stayed at this Marriott and I forget how good it is.  I haven't done the Buckhead Ritz overnight, but I would choose this place over the DT Atlanta Ritz (though no where near location wise).  As nice as some of the lower end Ritz hotels, better service, more character, and more comfortable.  Great experience at every turn, with one nit picky thing which is the bar tender was pretty lame.  Beyond that, everything from service in the lounge to check was amazing.   Even sent me and my wife a wine and cheese tray because they knew we were getting a getaway from the youngin'

Overall, it's very good (4/5) and one of the better experiences yet.

Outcomes